Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ebonii meets Ferretti

Hi friends,

In case you did not miss me, I missed you :) As a matter of fact, I missed me too ;)

Lets catch up a little. I've been in the fashion capital of Milan since January and I'm finally settled (bless God for that!). Now, let's move to the present...I just got back from my first fashion show...clears throat...I was there as a guest, and no, i didn't get to meet Ferretti, just so you know, before you get any "great ideas"; when I get to participate in one or actually meet a famous or upcoming designer, you'll definitely know.

So back to the gist...la segretaria (giggles- the secretary) in my fashion school calls me from class on Tuesday like i had committed some offense and was to report to the principals office for some disciplinary action. Surprisingly, she hands me a beautiful envelope with the name Alberta Ferretti (NOTE: if you didn't stress the 'double r'  and 'double t', please go back and read again) written boldly in capital letters...Nigerian girl like me had already put two and two together...but she explains anyway, "her fashion exhibition is tomorrow at 5pm and its not far from here...blah blah blah." Well, well, I was so excited I told my family and friends about it and hours later it occurred to me, what to wear or more like what not to wear? After much contemplation and with thanks to my big sis, I settled for something simple and elegant, after which I called it a beautiful day.



To fast-track the whole story, I and 3 other girls from my fashion school that received the invitation got to the venue about 10 minutes late and watched as the creme de la creme of the fashion industry with "VIP invitation" got to go in while we future fashionista's waited till it got to our turn. By the time we were finally allowed to go in, there were no seats but we found a way to put our butts down and the show began. I couldn't get great pictures but hopefully you'll like what I've got.

Now, now, the funniest part of it all was that the show barely lasted 30 minutes and when it was over, everyone just got up from their seats and exited the building. Secondly, I never got to take off my jacket (still laughing), so the simple and elegant outfit wasn't even seen by my friends.

I'm no fashion critique so I'm keeping "mum" about the collection. Here are some of my favorite pieces from Alberta Ferretti's Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear Collection, Milan Fashion Week.



For a full profile and information on Alberta Ferreti please visit http://www.vogue.com/voguepedia/Alberta_Ferretti
If you are interested in the complete collection please visit http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2012RTW-AFERRETT

1 comment:

  1. Okay, nwo you are living the dream! Glad. Anyway,from my very conservative experience as an entertainment journalist, I have come to learn that fashion shows dont really take long (max. 45mins) except of course there are other side attractions like musicals, etc its strictly business...How sis d training going?

    ReplyDelete