Monday 11 July 2011

Never SAY Never

Welcome friends,
This  is my first time  blogging so don't mind me if  i blab a  little...or all the way.

Warning! This is a fashion related blog. It may contaim writings about my worries or fears, aspirations and inspiration, projects and progress and ofcourse pictures of like manner. Viewer discretion is advised!

I'll start by saying faith is the  substance of things not seen. And what I see in my dreams is what has challenged me to take little steps in my journey to my desired end-not forgetting those that pushed, pulled and kicked me to situp.

Now that is out of the way, I'll tell you a little about myself. My name is Tega aka Ebonii and I am proudly Nigerian. Inbetween my name and nationality is a whole lot...family, friends, education, work and church to mention a few. Everything inbetween and surrounding my name and nationality has shaped my thought on life and fashion.

One of my earliest memories is of watching my mom  use old newspapers to make patterns. I don't remember how old i was and had no idea what she was up to but it was fun. There's also my sister that loved drawing and designing clothes every now and then, especially traditional wears she wanted tailors to make for her. They influenced and encouraged me from time to time, and as I grew, my passion for fashion grew even more.

It took time for everyone to get on board with the idea but thank God they eventually did. A friendly call about a month ago give me a kick. Since then have registered my fashion label, designed my logo and I'm currently working on my complimentary card and letterhead.

As I write part of this, i am watching a design of mine come to life. For now I don't sew my own clothes. Its not that I don't know how to but I prefer to leave it to experts in that field. I just design masterpieces. At the moment, its looking good. That's definitely a good thing-trust me when I say so. Tailors can either make or marr you but not an issue for today. Today, I smile. This is the last of five pieces I intend to use for my first fashion shoot next weekend and in a couple of minutes it will be done.

Hopefully, when the shoot is over, I'll show you pictures of all five dresses: a monostrap gown, v-neck pencil gown, a trouser jumpersuit and jacket, a pleated-kaftan and a greecian inspired flowy gown.

To wrap this up, I'll like to give a big thanks to my family for all their support, especially my lil brovaz genius idea to start a blog. And before I forget, a super thanks to Tosin Ogundadegbe for the kick. To everyone out there, don't give up on your dreams; keep improving yourself. Thanks for reading my blog.


4 comments:

  1. This is interesting "brilliant write-up wishing you all the best"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday is history, today a gift, tomorrow a mystery. Ur an encouragement to using todays gift to uncover tomorrows mysteries. I hope you grow greater than your expectations in your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply brilliant, all the best Tega.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " Its not that I don't know how to but I prefer to leave it to experts in that field. I just design masterpieces."
    Love that line! Its the confidence in your success that sets you apart as a genius, from the average designers. Keep it up Ebonii!
    We are all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete