Friday 21 June 2013

DO IT RIGHT OR DO THE TIME!

Hi friends,

So I got to reading and stumbled upon something quite interesting and since sharing is what I love to do, here we go!


For all you fashion lovers and especially those who love to wear designer brands, be very careful! With people trying to get rich quick, more and more fake designer goods are entering the market and its getting harder to tell the difference between an authentic product and a cheap knock-off. In New York City, it may soon be a law that anyone found in possession of a counterfeit designer product is liable to jail time...you heard me right, J-A-I-L T-I-M-E! 


New York Council member, Magaret Chin, supported by Rivera, Fidler, Mendez, Comrie, Brewer and Koslowitz proposed the legislation that the purchase of any counterfeit good be a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of $1,000 or not more than a year imprisonment.

As a young designer, I understand the need to protect the industry from the profusion of fake products which make it difficult for designers to enjoy the rewards of their hard work...

But wait a minute....why should you, the buyer, serve time instead of the seller???


All I can say is, dot your I's and cross your T's before you buy any designer product and be careful of where thy legs take you because as we would say in Nigeria, "tomorrow, it fit be you."


The Legislation...


And The News...



2 comments:

  1. Dts a great move,buy I doubt it working in China,Dubai n def not in naija @lst in †ђε next couple of yrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's their government trying to do something about piracy,ours care less...

    ReplyDelete